Next time you’re at BrightWave, have a chat with David Martin and see how much time passes before you end up discussing Buffy the Vampire Slayer. (Hint: It won’t be long.) This diehard fanboy is also a passionate artist and a kick-butt Interactive Designer on BrightWave’s creative team.
He’s been with us since November, and in that short time, he’s gathered some good advice for the next newbies who join the team. “Meet more of your coworkers as soon as possible. They’ll show you the ropes, give you insight on the clients and make your transition easier.”
Here are some of the tidbits we’ve gathered about David since we first met him:
- When David was little, he wanted to be a taxi driver when he grew up.
- The first thing he saved up for and bought with his own money was a Power Rangers Legacy Dragon Dagger. So don’t mess with him.
- If he were a pro-ball player, his walk-up song would be “You’re the Best Around” by Joe Esposito.
- His first celebrity crush was Tara Reid. (This was definitely before the “Sharknado” phase of her career…)
- If David were an Atlanta landmark, he would be the Krog Tunnel. David says, “It’s a place where new art flourishes, and it’s less about the recognition of the artist.” So if he ever jumps ship to take his design skills rogue, we know where to look for him.
- His favorite style of art is graffiti art, because he finds it to be one of the purest forms.
- David’s favorite place is Bonito, Brazil, and his go-to drink is a Cuba Libre.
- And a quote David lives by: “Life won’t wait.”